Thursday, November 1, 2012

So...You know...I'M GETTING MARRIED!


We're going to be together FOREVER!!!! I love this boy. SO much. I can't wait to spend eternity with him! :) AHHH. Ok so we all know the best part of engagements is the story, right? So here is mine. I have to start a few hours before though.

We had plans to go to the Jazz game because I'm slightly obsessed and it was the season opener against the Mavs. Yay. And also, I don't like Halloween so it was a good excuse to not dress up. So, I got off work early to head down to South Jordan, made a quick stop at my parents house to pick up a copy of T-Swift's new CD, which ROCKS by the way. So a few minute delay there, then gotta get gas, then finally on the road from Layton to SoJo. Great! Driving along, singing my heart out with my T-Swift jams. Then I hit about 1300 South in SLC. Dead stop. Bad. Traffic is never that bad. So I keep going hoping that it'll clear up. No, it never does. So I had to get off the freeway early and attempt to take Bangerter the rest of the way. Jeremy keeps telling me to hurry. I keep telling him that I can't do anything to help the traffic. I finally get to there at like 6:30. Game time is at 7. Jeremy starts to drive like a mad man. For some reason he really wanted to be there BEFORE the game started. I think in all the games I've been to, I've been to one on time. It's just not something I'm good at. Oh well. Game starts, we're losing right away. Go Jazz...Then the following conversation occurs:
Jer: We should totally get a picture with the Jazz Bear.
Me: Yeah, right! We're in the upper bowl. He never comes up here!!
cue Jazz Bear running down the stairs next us.
Me: Huh. Well, guess I was wrong.
Go back to watching the game.
All of a sudden there is a big furry thing standing next to me, I look up. It's Bear. He's holding beautiful flowers, looking at the people behind us (The 2 seats next to me were empty). I look at Jeremy, back at Bear. Bear grabs my hand, stands me up, hands me the flowers. I start freaking out. Giggling uncontrollably ( I'm not like most girls, I laugh instead of cry sometimes.) Bear turns me around, there's the most handsome boy in the world, down on one knee, holding the most beautiful ring! Then everything turned to a blur. I don't remember what he said, I don't even know if I said yes. I don't know how the ring even got on my finger. I just pulled Jeremy up! Kissed him. Hugged him. Then hid my face in his chest as the bear COVERED us in silly string and confetti!!! Seriously. Best night of my life. People! GET ENGAGED! It's fun!!!


Oh! And BTW, Jazz killed the Mavs! Won by 19. GO JAZZ!!!!! (I don't remember much of the game. I was kinda distracted)

8 comments:

  1. Super fun! Super cute! Congrats you two!! I'm so excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. You're getting married.
    THAT IS SO AWESOME!
    A guy I work with was at the game and I was like, did someone get proposed to on the jumbotron? and he was all no... and I was like, oh, my friend just had all these pictures of silly string and confetti. and he was all, oh well I saw the Jazz Bear silly stringing the crap out of somebody. Mystery solved.
    congrats Maddi. YOu'll love being married. It it THEE best.

    p.s. love your new layout. the mustaches are adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww even though I heard it from you directly last night reading it totally made me tear up! Btw you could totally tell your fast talking energy in this post! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda stuck in a love bubble today! On cloud 9. Super happy about everything. :) Full of energy!!!!

      Delete
  4. YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yippee what great news!!! such a fun proposal and your ring is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a sweet story to tell your grandkids! Congratulations on the engagement, Maddi! When is the big day? Do update us on the preps and what's going around. I would love to see your wedding photos! Best wishes!

    Libby Duppstadt @ CacharelGrandBallroom.com

    ReplyDelete