Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Humanity

Over the last few days, I have seen many acts of kindness that have almost brought me to tears. (Only reason I hold back is because they happen while I'm at work.) At the financial institution that I work at, there was a memorial account opened for Emilie Parker, one of the little angels who was so quickly taken from this Earth Friday morning. Her family is from Utah and they flew her body home on Tuesday so that she can be buried at home. It has overwhelmed me with joy and humility to see people coming in to make donations to help her family, whether it is the $5 that would buy their lunch, the $25 that would buy their own child a new Christmas gift or $100 that they so kindly donate without asking for anything in return. Whether they grew up with Emilie's dad or just know the trouble and heartache of burying a child or just wish to help, people have amazed me with their kindness.
Then yesterday, the customer that I was helping happened to over hear a conversation that the customer at the next window was having with my coworker. I have no reason to believe these women knew each other. The customer I was helping asked me to withdraw some money from her account, proceeded to hand that money to the young lady at the next window, wished her a Merry Christmas and was on her way. The look on the young lady's face was priceless and again my heart was filled with joy.
At this time of year, with all of the tragedies that have been occuring near our homes or throughout the world, it is amazing and comforting to me that so many people still have good hearts and willing to help those who are in need of a loving hand. My faith has been restored in humanity.

If you would like information about where and how to donate to Emilie Parker's account, feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment